A couple of new sentences with old words and new:
- Càit an robh thu aig sia uair an-diugh? Where were you at six o’clock today?
- Tha thu fadalach an-diugh. (Hah oo FAH-dah-lahch ahn-joo) You are late today.
A reminder of the THE chart from Write Your Own Grammarly. We have covered the dark blue squares and the orange square.
For singulars, either masculine dative and genitive, or feminine nominative and dative:
- an most of the time
- a’ /lenite for b, c, g, m, p
- am /lenite for f
- an t- for sl, sn, sr, or s + vowel
For MASCULINE, SINGULAR, NOMINATIVE ONLY, with b, f, m, p
- am before b, f, m, p
- an t- before any vowel
- an before everything else